The BEST Spinach Artichoke Dip

This was quite easily the best spinach artichoke dip I've ever had.  It didn't taste mayonnaisey at all because there was no mayo!  Intsead you make a creamy white sauce as the base and then add the usual stuff to it.  Yum!  I think I halved it for the size of the crowd we were having and put it in an 8x8 and it was just right.

The Best Spinach Artichoke Dip
*Makes a 9X13-inch dish of dip

INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
8 ounces cream cheese, light or regular, softened
16 ounces frozen, chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
2 (15-ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained
1 teaspoon hot sauce (like Tapatio brand) - I might have left this out
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9X13-inch or similar sized baking dish.
In a large microwave-safe bowl, whisk together the cream, flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Microwave the mixture in 1-minute intervals, whisking fully after each minute, until the mixture is thickened, about 4-5 minutes.
Stir in the remaining ingredients until well combined. Spread the dip into the prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes until bubbling and golden on top. Serve warm with bread or tortilla chips.

Recipe Source: Mel’s Kitchen Cafe http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2010/01/the-best-spinach-artichoke-dip.html

Comments