Chicken Marsala

This sure hit the spot when we had it the other night.  Just substitute chicken broth for all wines and sherries.  I also omitted the butter and just used olive oil. I sauteed onions in olive oil until tender, threw in some minced garlic for a minute, then the floured, tenderized chcicken. These were all suggestions in the reviews. Yum! Oh yeah, and use LOTS of mushrooms since they seem to disappear when they cook (the recipe says 1 C, but I probably used twice as many). 
 

Ingredients

Directions

  1. In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the flour, salt, pepper and oregano. Coat chicken pieces in flour mixture.
  2. In a large skillet, melt butter in oil over medium heat. Place chicken in the pan, and lightly brown. Turn over chicken pieces, and add mushrooms. Pour in wine and sherry. Cover skillet; simmer chicken 10 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
Source: http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/8887/recipechicken-marsala

Comments