Carrot Cake with Butterscotch Sauce

I absolutely LOVE this cake.  I think I might even have it for my birthday this year instead of "happy" cake which would be saying a lot.  I make it in a bundt pan (spray it with cooking spray, then lightly flour to prevent sticking).  I pour the Carmel sauce over the top and let it run down the edges, but you could also cut individual slices and serve the Carmel over each piece. 

Carrot Cake with Butterscotch Sauce

2 C sugar
1 ¼ C oil
2 C flour
1 tsp salt
4 eggs
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
1 ½ tsp nutmeg
2-3 C or 1 lb. finely grated carrots

Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes (works well in a bundt pan)

Butterscotch Sauce
¼ C butter
¾ C brown sugar
1 Tbsp white corn syrup
¼ C whipping cream or evaporated milk

Melt butter, and then add sugar and corn syrup. Boil until the sugar is dissolved.
Add cream or milk slowly, stirring constantly. Return to a boil. Let cool. Serve
warm over cake with whipped cream on top.

Source: Kelli Robertson

Comments