5
T Butter
Directions:
Sift in powdered sugar and stir constantly until thickened.
Remove from heat and add vanilla.
Servings: about 4
Source: Kelli Robertson (via MaryAnne)
½ C
Semi-Sweet Chocolate chips
1
Square unsweetened baker’s
chocolate
1/8
C Corn Syrup
½ C Evaporated
Milk
3/4
C Powdered Sugar
Dash
of Salt
1
t vanilla
Directions:
Combine
butter, chocolate chips and baker’s chocolate in a small sauce pan and stir
with a wire whisk over a low heat until melted.
Add
corn syrup, milk, and salt.
Increase
to medium heat. Sift in powdered sugar and stir constantly until thickened.
Remove from heat and add vanilla.
Servings: about 4
Notes:
Leftovers:
Store
any leftovers in the fridge.
Ingredients:
Vanilla: I tend to forget the vanilla and it always
turns out fine.
Milk: Regular milk would work too. It just would be a bit less creamy. Better substitutes would be whole milk or
cream. Or milk with a little dried milk
mixed in with the dry ingredients.
Baker’s
Chocolate: Can use 2 T cocoa instead. I use the baker’s chocolate to try for a
silkier texture.
Origin:
I
decided I wanted something richer than Val’s hot fudge so I was trying out
recipes. This is from the Pillsbury
Cookbook © 1996 Pg 377. I halved the
recipe and added the baker’s chocolate and increased the corn syrup. Mommy
always thought a bit of salt was good in frostings etc. So I put a dash in this
as well.
Velvet
Fudge Sauce
2 C
Powdered Sugar
1C
Evaporated Milk
½ C
Butter or Margarine
1 T
Corn Syrup
1 Cup
Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 T
Vanilla
In
medium sauce pan combine all ingredients except vanilla. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring
constantly. Reduce to low and cook 8
minutes, stirring constantly. Remove
form heat. Add Vanilla. Makes 2 ²/3 cups.
Source: Kelli Robertson (via MaryAnne)
Comments
Post a Comment